.....F a c e.....P a i n t i n g.....

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Green Art Project - Floor Mat



This is a kitchen floor mat made the "green" way. I wanted to create a usable piece of art that used recycled material. I decided to use some left-over vinyl from our kitchen construction. I turned the vinyl upside down and painting on the smooth backside. It was very easy to do. I drew the shape I wanted the mat to be then with kitchen scissors I cut out the design. I then painted on two coats of primer to seal the surface. After that it was just a matter of coming up with just the right design to match my kitchen. After the painting was dry I covered the top of the mat with 3 coats of oil-based polyurethane. Now you can step on it, spill on it, sweep it and mop it. After about a year or two it can be cleaned then re-apply another coat or two of polyurethane to keep it new looking. You should try your own "green"-art kitchen mat or contact me and I'll design one for you.

No comments:

Contact Info

Contact Info
Contact Info